First, you need to know your benefit and your spouse's benefit at full retirement age. You can obtain this information by looking up your benefit information on the Social Security Administration website,

Step 1: Head on over to My Plan > Income > Social Security

Step 2: Use the pencil icon โœŽ to edit. If you plan on receiving benefits, press "Yes" when asked if you expect to receive Social Security benefits

Step 3: Enter your benefit at full retirement age

Step 4: Select the age when you wish to claim your Social Security benefit. Your Benefit at Start Age (Pretax) will adjust, increasing if you delay past your Full Retirement Age and decreasing if you claim early.

Step 5: Repeat the process for your spouse's benefit (if appropriate)

Refer to this video to learn how to use our Social Security Explorer and select the best claiming strategy for you.

See the Milestones Report for a narrative of your Social Security benefit and other important plan events.

Did this answer your question?